Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 25, 2015:  Time to start a blog.

Well, here it is, a week later. My oldest man-cub has entered the Provo MTC, preparing to serve as a full time missionary in Billings, MT. Montana is not the big "showy" foreign place that some might dream about. But for our "live in the water" lifeguard who is used to the temperatures here on the surface of the sun (Phx, AZ) its going to be foreign enough! I just heard from a friend that there was another huge snow storm in Montana...YESTERDAY! I know Heavenly Father will look after him as he learns to navigate the wide, open spaces to teach others about Jesus Christ.

This is a first, for me. I never had close family or friends that served a mission while I was young. There were likely some that I should have written, but didn't. My father and my husband both served missions. I'm excited to hear about Braden's adventures and to watch his testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ grow as he learns to teach others. I'm excited for my own testimony to grow! This will not come without trials, I'm sure. Getting over my own anxieties will be an interesting process. But I am sure that our family will receive much help through the next two years. 

I will try my best to keep things updated. I know that there are quite a few people that want to hear about what Elder Wallgren is doing. You will just have to put up with my meandering thoughts as you go. Likely, my posted thoughts will decrease as he continues his mission. 

Good luck, son! Write when you can. Be humble and teachable. Make your bed. Say, "thank you" often. Don't ask for seconds at the dinner table. Read your scriptures and manual daily. Stay open to promptings of the Holy Ghost. Pray always. We are all so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment