Monday, September 21, 2015

(Take 2) September 14: Ennis

This is a cool thing that a lot of the elders are doing on fb that I
think if you guys did would be cool! It's the 5 BOM "Benchmarks"
1)obtain a copy
2)open it
3)read it
4)ponder on it
5)pray about it
You find a new park bench everyday for 5-6 days, and then you take a
picture of you doing what've it is the benchmark is and you post it n
FB!!! This picture is of my benchmark #1!


Elder Braden R Wallgren
Montana Billings Mission
2015-2017
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

We received another update, the same day about Ennis:


Well... My first time week in Ennis. Not too bad, but super small. Too small. We've been here for three days and we've already tracted all of everything. EVERYTHING. Being in a small town is, well different. Everyone knows who we are, I don't know anyone, and we ran out of work, fast. I have recently realized that all of the towns in the mission are small towns... So I feel like maybe the lord is trying to tell me something. Maybe, I dunno. If so I hope that I can learn the lesson that I need to quickly and be able to learn to work with it. If anyone has any ideas on how I might be able to more quickly spread the work around this small town, Elder Potter and I are open. We have just kind of been walking around looking for service as of late, and I mean we think it might be doing something for us, but who has any way of knowing?!

Elder Potter and I get along a little too well if you ask me. There seems to be often times that we find ourselves lost in having fun in the work and we feel like we need to bring ourselves back to reality and get back working. I mean.... We flipping caught a bee, named it Phil, then proceeded to catch a spider, name it Steve, and then put them in a bowl and provoke them with knives into fighting each other.... we think the spider won but neither of us are quite sure. Both are dead, but the bee is all wrapped up in a web cocoon thing. I'll let you be the judge. XD We do feel like we work well enough with each other to be able to build off of one another's weaknesses and strengths throughout the week.

A couple cool experiences this week:
While tracting, we ran into a LONG inactive member. Didn't even have his records in our ward, but he invited us in and we had a short chat with him. His name is J, and apparently he loves the missionaries!!! He had just gotten back form a surgery when we got there, so we were able to give him a priesthood blessing to help him feel better. He seemed to love having us there, and he set an appointment for us to come over and teach him and his non-member family. Lots to do in Three Forks!

The stake over here had dark(area? regional?) conference this weekend, and we had Elder Pino of the first presidency of the 70 come and speak with us. He gave a really cool message, especially considering he fact that he spake in Spanish for everything but his testimony. He had a really cool translator, a really funny guy that I think made the talk a little more entertaining than it actually was. Elder Pino's testimony was super powerful at the end of all of his addresses and I could definitely tell that he is a man of God!

I sent most of the pictures I had already to you guys, but what I have here is just some pics of me and my companion having some fun!

Ether 12:6
And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

Remember, you don't get better at the piano unless you mess up once or twice!
Elder Braden R Wallgren
Montana Billings Mission
2015-2017
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment