Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015: The Wonders of Ennis


I almost caught a frisbee in my mouth after this shot!

Man, different week this week. I began to process of conversion to a soul that everyone thought was lost, saw some moose, and almost broke my leg! I mean... Just look at our schedule! 

(Elder Potter recently discovered that he loves the Emoji keyboard...)

We got to spend more time in Ennis than usual this week, spending only two days in Three Forks actually! We were here on Monday and Tuesday, went to three forks on Wednesday, and then came back to Ennis on Friday and have been here ever since! Lots of time here and now I think that both my companion and myself are beginning to understand just how to do the work in such a small town!

To answer questions- no Lexi, my companion is not like me. In fact, the only thing we have in common is that we are both on a mission. He's the school-hating nothing but sports loving basketball jock. He's a great guy, but recently I have noticed I lose him often in my "higher vocabulary rants" as he calls them, as well as the Wallgren curse of Movie quotes and Song relations to just about everything in life. 
Curse my nerdness. 
 Mom- we are watching conference at different members houses each day. We have breakfast with someone both mornings (German pancakes with sausage and then Carmel cinnamon rolls... Hehe) and then I think we actually are being required to go to Bozeman to the stake center to watch the general priesthood session, but we're not quite sure about that yet!
And murder trees at a wedding?! Alexis, you better take pictures, cuz dat sounds like da most off da chain wedding partAy I'll ever not go to! But really, take a lot of pics!

That was all the questions I noticed in my emails, sorry if I missed any from anyone!

So this week.... Oh boy.
Monday- well...... Everything significant that happened on Monday I was able to include in last weeks email.... So I don't have much to add there! >.<

Tuesday- Tuesday was probably the slowest day this week, and we actually had lots of time where we kinda sat around and attempted to find things to do. SO many people cancelled on us, so we spent lots of time in the church trying to find people to teach, and trying to find areas hat we haven't tracted yet. 

Wednesday- we got to help one of the pastors for the local Lutheran church move, and that was a great experience! He seemed super interested in the beliefs of our church, and he seemed like he wanted to know more! We were sad that we couldn't teach him, because he's moving to Tennessee . :( we told him about Mormon.org and what not and how he could find missionaries, and we're crossing our fingers that he'll look stuff up! Besides that we got to go teach a cook dinner lesson with a part member family, and even though the dad said he wasn't interested, he asked a lot of questions and seemed to like participating in the lesson! 

Thursday- Thursday we had a zone training meeting, with both Assistants to the president there, and towards the end president Wadsworth was actually there too! We talked a lot about working with members and with the ward council and how member referrals seem to help so much more! We had a great time and then president Wadsworth actually met with me personally and we talked for a bit about my area and what's going on! Super excited, feel like the work is hastening!
Thursday was the day that we were able to teach the lost soul. Little background-this is a family where the husband loves the church, but doesn't feel like he's worthy to go to church because he smokes and drinks. No one else in his immediate family is a member, and his wife actually hat s it when we come over, and I'm pretty sure she just hats Mormons! Well, we went to visit this family Thursday, expecting the usual 15 minute talk on the porch that we would usually have. We had a member with us, and he was ready to be with us! When we got there, he invited us in, which I guess he had never done to anyone before! We then went into his house, said hello to his wife, and then found out that his wife knew the member that we had brought with us, and she opened up. She told us EVeRYTHING about her life and about everything that was going wrong. All her kids were into bad things and Weren't where she wanted them to be. She talked for almost 2 hours, and it was great! We gave her a priesthood blessing and by the end of it she was crying, and told us that she felt like she was getting hugged, like she had never been hugged before. She told us that if we always had this feeling with us, she wanted us to come back as often as we possibly could!
Speechless as a missionary could be at the time, we bore our testimonies and went to our next appointment... Yikes that was great!

Friday- we helped out Claudia in the thrift shop for a few hours, and she let us borrow some golf clubs so we can go to the driving range either this week or next week! We traveled to Ennis after lunch and then we got to go to both the volleyball game and the football game that night, an inactive member payed for us so we could go watch and talk to people! Really fun to watch high school sports again, and we made a ton of return appointments! Ennis high school isn't big enough for 11 man football, but I guess they're the BEST 8 man team in the state! The three games they played ended 58-7, 64-12 , and 76-0!

Saturday- we taught a bunch of less active members, visited some of the elderly that couldn't come to church, and then we were able to do some service for the branch president!

Sunday- we got to speak in church on Sunday, when both a member of the first quorum of the 70 and the stake president were present (branch president claims it was a coincidence...) so that was fun! Elder Pino came and talked to me about how being a missionary will be the fastest, best, worst, and most full of growth two years of my life! 

Monday- we were playing ball this morning and the court was wet and I slipped and hit my leg on the pole and ground. Bloody mess and lots of pain to start but I got everything clean and I'm good to go now!

Hope everyone has a good week and I look forward to hearing from you all!!

Ether 12:6
 6 And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

Elder Braden R Wallgren
Montana Billings Mission
2015-2017
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment